Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Having A ‘Hey’ Day

| Right | January 8, 2015

(I work in a store that sells various parts for various machines. It’s a policy/allowance that customers can bring in items that need a replacement to help us better identify what they are looking for at the store. This particular customer brings in an item I’ve never seen before.)

Customer #1: “Hello, can you help me find a replacement part for this?”

Me: “I can definitely try; do you know what it is?”

Customer #1: “Yes, it’s a fuel tank cap.”

Me: *after looking through the book to see if we have anything like it* “I’m afraid we don’t sell that in our store, but we can order it for you special if you’d like.”

(The customer now turns extremely rude.)

Customer #1: “You know what, I’m just gonna go find a store that actually sells what they say they are going to sell, and actually has it in stock. Okay, missy?”

(She turns to walk away, and I go to finish a task I had started.)

Customer #1: “Hey! Hey you in the shirt!”

(I turn around to see the customer who had the tank cap is talking to me again.)

Customer #1: “Hey, my husband needs help here.”

Me: “How can I help you, sir?”

Customer #2: “Yea, I’m looking for [spray] for my cattle.”

(I lead him to the aisle that has the items he is looking for.)

Me: “Is that it for you, sir?”

Customer #2: “Yes, thank you.”

Customer #1: *under her breath* “At least she found what HE was looking for!”

(I start to walk away again when I hear shouting from the same customer.)

Customer #1: “Hey, HEY YOU! MY HUSBAND HAS A QUESTION!”

(I go and help Customer #2, with Customer #1 making very rude comments about my service to her. Finally, I turn and face her.)

Me: “Ma’am, I would love to help you order that part you are looking for; however, I will have to wait until you are not negatively commenting every move I make. I am very sorry we did not have the part you wanted in the store, but I offered you another option which you clearly stated was not in your interest. If you change your mind, I will be down aisle four. Have a nice day.”

(I start walking away now, being the husband is done.)

Customer #1: “Hey—”

Me: “My name is not ‘Hey,’ and I would like it very much if you referred to me properly, as I have with you. If you do have any more questions, I will be down aisle four.”

(I never did get a complaint.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!