Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Having A Corn Squabble

| Right | August 30, 2016

(At my work we have a combo option, which is one side and a drink, and a platter option, which comes with two sides and a drink. On this day, we are severely short-staffed, so my manager has to cook. I’m packing orders when I notice an order says platter, but only has one side listed and an extra side charged. My coworker says he must have pressed the wrong button ringing it up, so I call over the customer to work it out.)

Me: “Hi, I’m sorry, it seems my coworker accidentally rang you up for a platter, which comes with two sides, and I noticed you already paid for another side, so if you want I can give you one extra side for no extra charge.”

Customer: “I already have everything I want.”

Me: “I understand that, sir, but I’m saying you paid for another side by accident, so I’m asking what you want.”

Customer: “I told you I already have everything I want. I don’t want anything else.”

Me: “In that case, I have to call over my manager to refund the extra side you were charged for. Are you sure? Because you essentially have a free side coming at you.”

Customer: “Yes, I’m sure. I don’t want another side.”

(I call over my manager, who takes a couple minutes as she is in the middle of dropping chicken in the fryer, and return to packing orders. As my manager refunds the customer for the extra side, I hear him ask her this:)

Customer: “Did I get corn with that?”

(Manager turns to me; I shake my head no. By this point his refund has been completed.)

Manager: “No, sir, you didn’t.”

Customer: “Can I add a corn, then, please?”

Me: *internally screams*

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!