Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Havana Clue What She’s Talking About

, , , | Right | July 27, 2010

(I have lived in the US for five years, but I still speak with a slight accent.)

Me: “Did you find everything all right?”

Customer: “Can someone else help me, please?”

Me: “I’m sorry?”

Customer: “I want someone who isn’t Mexican to help me. You already took enough jobs, thank you very much.”

Me: “Ma’am, I’m not Mexican.”

Customer: “Yes! Yes, you are!” *reads my name tag* “Maria is such a Mexican name!”

Me: “Ma’am, I’m Portuguese.”

Customer: “Oh, Mexico, Portugal, Costa Rica. It’s all the same. You come into our country and steal all of our jobs. Just because you’ve hopped the fence doesn’t give you the right to be here!”

Me: “Ma’am, Portugal is in Europe. It’s located next to Spain. We speak Portuguese there. It is impossible to hop across an ocean and into the US.”

Customer: “Go back to Castro then, communist!”


This story is part of our Ignorant-About-Communism roundup!

Read the next Ignorant-About-Communism roundup story!

Read the Ignorant-About-Communism roundup!


This story is part of the American States roundup!

Want to read the next story? Click here!

Want to read the roundup? Click here!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!