Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Hatching A Plan

| Related | November 26, 2013

(I’m visiting my mom and my brothers at their house when I find a large bowl with a towel and an egg in it. I decide to inquire about it.)

Me: “What’s with this egg?”

Mom: “I don’t know, I just found it sitting like that on the floor. Probably something that [Five-Year-Old Brother] is doing.”

Me: “Huh.”

(Since it’s a real egg, I decide I should probably put it away so it doesn’t end up smashed. As I’m walking through the house with the bowl and egg, my brother stops me.)

Brother: “Hey! That’s my egg!”

Me: “Oh, it’s yours?”

Brother: “Yeah!”

Me: “What are you doing with it?”

Brother: “It’s hatching!”

Me: “I see.”

(I call into the other room.)

Me: “Mom, it’s hatching.”

Mom: “Where did it come from?”

Me: *to Brother* “Did you get this from the kitchen? Inside the fridge?”

Brother: “Yeah. It’s gonna be a chicken!”

Me: “Alright. I’ll put it back in the other room then.”

(A few days later I make a trip to the craft store and find a fake egg. I figure I could switch it with the real egg, to remove the chance of the egg being smashed. I bring it over to my mom’s. My brother isn’t home.)

Me: “I got [Brother] an egg so that other one doesn’t get smashed.”

Mom: “Oh good. But how are you going to get it to hatch?”

Me: “The other one wasn’t going to hatch either!”

Mom: “True. I really don’t know what we’re going to do.”

(The eggs have been switched. My mom’s now looking for a way to get a real fertilized chicken egg so my brother can actually watch it hatch. We don’t want to disappoint him!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!