Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Hasn’t Got A Mind For Business

| Right | January 23, 2014

(I work at a call center for a website that sells musical equipment. A customer has called in with a complaint. He places an order for a pair of powered speakers. There is also a canceled order for a different pair of powered speakers. Apparently, the wrong set of speakers was canceled and the customer is very upset that he received the wrong speakers. I immediately set up a return/exchange for him so he could get the speakers he wanted. For some reason, he was also under the impression that the price he was quoted for the second set of speakers was for the speakers and a wireless microphone. Unfortunately, it was just for the speakers.)

Me: “I’m sorry, sir, but the price you were quoted is only for the set of speakers. If you want to add the wireless microphone to the order, it will be [price].”

Caller: “That’s not right. I was quoted [price of speakers] before! I want that price!”

Me: “I do apologize, sir. I can’t get you that price. You need to pay for the microphone before we can send it to you.”

Caller: “I already paid for it! It was on the order with the other speakers!”

Me: “That order was canceled, sir. We didn’t take any money from you for that order.”

Caller: “You’re wrong. I paid for that.”

Me: “No, sir. You didn’t. The order was canceled. We legally cannot take money from you until we ship something out. Since that order was canceled, it was never sent out. You did not pay for that order. If you would like to add the wireless microphone, your order total will be [price].”

Caller: “NO, IT’S NOT! YOU’RE WRONG! NOW SEND ME WHAT I BOUGHT!”

Me: “You didn’t buy them! The order was canceled!”

Caller: “That’s not my fault! I shouldn’t have to pay for someone else’s mistake!”

Me: “I apologize, sir. It is our fault, but we can’t just send you the microphone for free.”

Caller: “I don’t want it for free! I want it at the price I was given!”

Me: “To get it to that price, I would need to send it to you for free. I cannot do that.”

Caller: “That’s not my fault. It’s not my problem. I shouldn’t have to eat that money. It’s your mistake! Now give me what I paid for, d*** it!”

Me: “I’m sorry, sir, but you did not pay for those items. We will not send them to you. The order was canceled, so you did NOT pay for those.”

Caller: “Well, in my mind, I did!”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!