Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Has To Spoon-Feed Them Instructions

| Working | April 26, 2014

(I’m working at the ice cream window at my restaurant, where people can order cones and sundaes to go. I go back to the supply room to grab another box of plastic spoons, and realize there’s only one box there. Note that the boxes only hold about 50 spoons, and it’s a busy night in the summer, so it won’t take long to run out.)

Me: *to manager* “We’re almost out of spoons. This box is the only one left.”

Manager: “[Coworker], can you go to [Nearby Grocery Store] and pick up some more?”

(The coworker agrees and goes to get her keys, stopping to talk to several coworkers on the way out. The grocery store is 5 minutes away, but she’s gone for at least half an hour, and we’re running out of spoons quickly. She finally comes back with a tray of coffees.)

Manager: “What the h***? What took you so long?”

Coworker: “I had to get coffee for everyone, and it took so long!”

(After all that, she only came back with three boxes of spoons.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!