Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Has Some Serious Bag Baggage, Part 5

, , , , | Right | September 23, 2020

I’m in line waiting to buy a lottery ticket. The man ahead of me will be the next person at the register, but he’s huffing and puffing and loudly setting his two items down on the shelf next to him as he waits for the cashier to serve her current customer.

Customer: “Can you get another person on a register?”

The cashier calls for her coworker, who arrives promptly. The man moves to her. A few seconds later, it’s my turn at the first register, so I stop paying attention to everything else and pay for my ticket. I move off to near the exit to fold my ticket up into my wallet.

Cashier: “Excuse me, sir, bags are five cents each. That’s why I asked if you wanted any.”

I look up to see that the impatient man has moved to an empty cashier station and is struggling with a plastic bag.

Customer: “I’m not paying for a bag.”

Cashier: “Then don’t use one.”

Customer: “Cheapo. I’ll be sure never to come here again!”

The man walked off with his two items in his hands, leaving the bag off its hooks. I went to put it back, only to find a huge rip in it.

Related:
Has Some Serious Bag Baggage, Part 4
Has Some Serious Bag Baggage, Part 3
Has Some Serious Bag Baggage, Part 2
Has Some Serious Bag Baggage

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!