Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Has Gender Baggage

| Working | February 10, 2017

(My boyfriend and I have three dogs in the house so we always buy large bulk bags of dog food. I grab the 32-lb bag for our two dogs, and he grabs the 28-lb bag for his mother’s dog. We also grab a dog toy that looks like a teddy bear.)

Me: *places the bag on the belt for checkout* “Hello.”

Cashier: “Hello.” *immediately looks to Boyfriend after ringing everything up* “That will be $58.95; do you have a rewards card?”

Me: “I have one under my phone number.” *types it in*

Cashier: *still looking only at my boyfriend* “That will be $55.95. Cash or credit?”

Boyfriend: “Credit.” *swipes card*

(I reach to take the bag of dog food I brought up but the cashier immediately grabs both bags and stacks them on one another. He then thrusts the bag with only the little toy bear at me.)

Me: “I can take a bag of—”

Cashier: *grabs both bags of dog food and immediately puts them in my startled and off-balanced boyfriend’s arms* “Have a nice day.”

(We were both too stunned at first to say anything but as we left the store I turned to my boyfriend.)

Me: “He did see me carry the bigger bag up to the register, right?”

Boyfriend: “I have no clue what his problem was, but these bags are f****** heavy!”

(Luckily we weren’t parked too far away!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!