Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Has Five-Twenty Vision

| Working | September 28, 2016

(My mom and I go through a fast food drive-thru, and as it is my turn to pay, I pass the money to Mom, who in turn passes it to the cashier. Now, it happens that I am a little tight on funds, and only have a couple dollar bills and a $20, and I want $10 back. It is kind of a weird amount and a normal person would have used a $5 instead of a $20, but I don’t have that. She hands me back my change, for the $5 instead of the $20.)

Me: “Excuse me, but I gave you a $20.You gave me the wrong change.”

(She immediately gets very defensive and assumes I’m lying.)

Cashier: “No, you didn’t. You handed me a $5.”

Me: “Sorry, but I’m absolutely positive I did, because I only had the $20, and I need the $10 back.”

(At this point my mom, who had passed the money over, is trying to help.)

Mom: “No, [My Name], you gave her a $5” *thanks, Mom!*

Me: “I didn’t HAVE a $5! I only had a $20! Please check your drawer. The $20 will be on top of the 5s.”

(This goes on for several minutes, Mom and the cashier insisting I handed her a $5, with Mom obviously thinking I am mistaken, and cashier just as positive I am a scammer, while I insist she either check the $5 slot in her drawer or call a manager. I am not a good liar, and tend to get seriously indignant when I am accused, so I am becoming very angry at this point. Being broke enough that the $10 difference is very dear to me isn’t helping, either.)

Cashier: “IF she has to call the manager over, he WILL count out the entire drawer, and press charges WHEN I am proven wrong.”

Me: “That’s fine. But before you call the manager, just open the drawer, and look in the $5 slot.”

Cashier: “FINE!”

(She angrily key open the drawer, looks at the $5s and shock passes over her face. Of course, sitting right on top, where I told her she’d mistakenly put it is my $20 bill.)

Cashier: “H-how did you do that?” *she actually stammered it out, and gets me my correct change*

Me: “Maybe next time you’ll at least check before you straight up call someone a liar!”

(As she’s driving away, my mom turns to me, with an equal look of shock.)

Mom: “How on Earth did you know it was in the $5 slot?”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!