Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Has An Imaginary Chip On His Shoulder

, , | Right | June 27, 2018

(I work at an electronics store, selling household appliances. A customer walks in with his wife and son, interested in buying a washing machine. This happens after discussing the technical details.)

Customer: “Does this washing machine have one of those built-in chips that makes it break after the warranty has expired?”

Me: “I wouldn’t know about that, sir, but I highly doubt it.”

Customer: “Oh, really?”

(He gives me this smile, as if he just caught me in a lie.)

Me: “Well, if you are worried about that, you could buy the extended warranty.”

Customer: “Oh, no, that’s fine. I know how to remove that chip. Can you tell me what kind of metal the outside of the washing machine is made of?”

Me: “I don’t know, sir. If you would like, I can give you the phone number of the company that manufactured it.”

Customer: “No, thank you. I’ll just check myself.”

(At this point, the customer leans on top of the washing machine, arms hanging down on the sides. He starts tapping the side of washing machine and hums softly.)

Customer: “I can tell the material by how it resonates with my voice.”

(His wife and I stood there in awkward silence for a little while, as she gave me this “I’m so sorry” look.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!