Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Has A Problem With The Sand Part Of Sandwiches

| Right | May 23, 2013

(I am working the weekend shift in a popular fast food sandwich chain with an older gentleman of Middle-Eastern decent. He is the nicest guy you’ll ever meet. A customer and his buddies come into the store. I am busy in the back prepping bread and cookies, so my coworker goes out to help them. When I come out I hear shouting.)

Customer: “I SAID, AIN’T THERE ANYBODY ELSE BACK THERE THAT CAN HELP ME?! I DON’T WANT TO BE SERVED BY THIS SAND-N*****!”

Me: “I’m sorry, sir. What seems to be the problem?”

Customer: “The problem is this d*** sand-n*****! I ain’t gonna stand here and let him touch my food!”

Me: “I’m sorry you feel that way, sir. However, I can’t stand here and let you speak to a fellow employee that way. [Coworker] is a stand-up guy, and doesn’t deserve to be treated the way you are treating him. Please calm down and let us do our job.”

Customer: “Well I don’t give a d*** what you think! I don’t want him serving me, so you’re gonna.”

Me: “I’m sorry, sir, but I will not. I have the right to refuse service to those that I feel are being abusive. I’d like you to leave the store right now.”

Customer: “I WANT TO SEE A MANAGER RIGHT NOW!”

Me: “Well, my manager is off at another store right now. If you’d like to go across town to the other store, you are more than welcome to speak with her. I’m sure you’ll find, though, that she’ll agree with me. Please leave right now, and never come back.”

Customer: “I don’t want your stupid food anyway. F*** you guys!”

(About 20 minutes later, my manager calls me from the other store. She tells me about an irate customer who came in and complained that he was kicked out from my store. When he explained why, she told me she kicked him out of there, too. Thankfully, I never saw him in the store again.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!