Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Has A Not-Drinking Problem

, , , | Right | August 6, 2018

(A coworker is taking orders at the drive-thru and proceeds to take this order:)

Coworker #1: “Hello. How may I help you?”

Customer: “I want the number five, large.”

Coworker #1: “Okay, and what kind of drink do you want with that?”

Customer: “I don’t need a drink. I got a water in my car.”

Coworker #1: “So, do you just want the sandwich and fries?”

Customer: “No, I want the combo.”

Coworker #1: “The combo comes with a drink. Do you want a drink?”

Customer: “No, I got water in my car. So, what are you going to do about that?”

Coworker #1: “I can ring it up separately so you don’t get charged for a drink.”

Customer: “Well, if I’m not getting a drink, then I want a dessert instead of the drink.”

Coworker #1: “I can’t substitute the dessert for a drink, but I can ring it up separately.”

Customer: “Do I get some kind of deal here?”

Coworker #1: “Well, since you’re not getting a drink then, yes, it will be cheaper.”

Customer: “Okay, I’ll take that.”

Coworker #1: “Okay, so, it will just be the fish sandwich, fries, and the dessert. Your total is [total], at the first window.”

(The customer gets to the window and pays. He then goes to the second window. Another coworker is handing out his food.)

Coworker #2: “Hello. Fish sandwich, fries, and a dessert. Anything else I can get for you?”

Customer: “Y’all gave me a discount, right, since I got my own drink?”

Coworker #2: “She rang it all up separately so you didn’t get charged for a drink.”

(The customer seemed pleased with this answer and drove away. I didn’t know you get discounts for having your own drinks!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!