Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Hard To Accept That Apology Accepted

, , , , | Right | July 2, 2017

(I work at a popular home improvement store, specifically the kitchen & bath section which includes appliances.)

Customer: “I need a mini-fridge with a lock and key!”

Coworker #1: “This way, ma’am. Now, the mini-fridges with lock and key are all online and-”

Customer: “Are they the same price as these?!” *points to fridges which range from $150-$400*

Coworker #1: “No, ma’am. They are going to be a bit more pricey, but—”

Customer: “Oh, no. I’m not paying more than $400. That’s ridiculous. Oh! What about this one?!” *knocks on regular size fridge that is $550*

Coworker #1: “Well, that one is not in stock. However—”

Customer: “Then I’m done with this!”

(The customer storms off with her husband running after her. After a minute or so, the customer comes back with a pained look.)

Customer: “I’m sorry for being so abrupt with you. I apologize.”

Coworker #1: *nods* “Well, thank you, ma’am.”

(Customer walks away to join husband.)

Me: “Oh. My. Gosh. A customer just apologized to you. Hey, [Coworker #2], a customer just apologized to [Coworker #1]. A customer apologized!”

Coworker #2: *laughs* “I saw. The husband must’ve said something.”

Coworker #1: “Yeah. I’m glad she did, though. Customers are usually so inconsiderate.”

Me: “A customer actually apologized!”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!