Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Happy Zombie Jesus Day!

| Friendly | March 3, 2017

(It’s Easter Morning and I’m doing my part for the Easter Dinner. I’m baking a bunny shaped cake. My timer doesn’t go off and so I don’t know that I am burning the cake until we smell it.)

Me: “Darn it! That was my last cake mix. Time to head off to the [Grocery Store] for some more before they close.”

(I change out of my pajamas and into some jeans and a t-shirt. I don’t bother to look at the shirt; just grab the first clean one. I’m at the store and I’m looking at the cakes, trying to find out which is the better deal. While I’m doing that, some woman near me comments about my shirt in a very snotty voice.)

Woman: “I don’t think that’s very appropriate to be wearing today.”

(Looking down, I see that I grabbed one of my Dawn of the Dead shirts. It’s the one about the ’78 Romero film and it has the tagline on it of “They just won’t stay dead!”)

Me: *annoyed at the way this woman just snapped at me* “I think it’s very fitting for today. He didn’t stay dead either.”

(She stormed away, mumbling under her breath. Now my family and I often refer to Easter as “Zombie Jesus Day.”)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!