Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Happy To Report Some Happy

, , | Hopeless | March 7, 2017

(It is the day before most public high schools start and all of us employees are standing around the cash, catching up before we get switched to part time. At the theme park where I work we get switched to weekends only when school starts so we may not get the chance to see our coworkers if they aren’t scheduled when we are. We’ve been working together since May and have all gotten really close.)

Me: *laughing* “I start on the fifth. Have fun in school, guys!”

Coworker: “I’ll text you when I wake up at 6:45. If I can’t sleep in, neither can you.”

(Before I can respond a customer comes up and we all disperse, worried she would complain about us talking.)

Customer: “No, wait guys!” *we all stop walking* “I just wanted to wish you all good luck in school.”

Me: “Oh, wow, thank you so much!”

Customer: “I take it it’s your last chance to see each other?”

Me: “Well, we’re only going to work on weekends soon so we may not be scheduled all together.”

Customer: “You know what? I’m going to go over to customer service and write a brilliant report about your whole team here. You guys deserve to go out with a bang!”

(My coworkers and I were shocked.)

Customer: “It’s nice to see that [Theme Park] hires people with emotions and who actually care about their work here. Do you like working here?” *we all nod* “I’m going to get my grandson to apply here for [Park’s Halloween event]. I like how you all act and I want him to work in a place just like this.”

Me: “Wow, thank you so much!”

(She did end up writing her report with customer service and we all got rewarded for a good review.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!