Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Happy Every Holiday

, , , , | Right | December 21, 2017

(It’s that time of year where people are getting upset over “Happy Holidays” instead of just saying “Merry Christmas.” I have had many people point this out and complain when I wish them a Happy Holidays after check out, so after the third one I start saying something else. And before you guys ask I did in fact look everything up that I didn’t know and a few of these things I knew before hand.)

Me: “Thank you, sir, Happy Holidays!”

Customer: “Why do people say that? You don’t have to be politically correct all the time!”

Me: “I’m sorry, sir. Have a Happy Hanukkah!”

Customer: “I don’t celebrate that.”

Me: “Sorry, sir, but today is the third day of Hanukkah. That’s the holiday going right now.”

Customer: “But I don’t celebrate that!” *leaves with a huff*

(Later that day:)

Me: “Thank you, ma’am. Happy Holidays!”

Customer: “Oh, sweety, I’m a Christian. Please don’t say that to me.”

Me: “Oh! Well, Happy Saint Lucia’s Day, then!”

Customer: “What are you talking about?”

Me: “That’s the Christian holiday today. Are you celebrating with family?”

Customer: “What? No! I celebrate Christmas at the end of the month. That’s the only Christian holiday!” *she storms off*

(I said Happy Advent. I said ChristmaHanukkwanza once. The eight nights of Hanukkah were fun because they were early in the month that year. There are many holidays I said that were real and going on. I did this multiple times and was surprised I wasn’t fired, but my manager thought it was entertaining. Honestly, we are all tired of getting yelled at for saying Happy Holidays, which we are supposed to say to not upset anyone.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!