Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Happy 40th Birthday!

, , | Right | June 26, 2019

(I am fairly new at my grocery store. I’m a very petite nineteen-year-old girl who often gets mistaken for being a minor. A customer giving off a weird vibe comes to my till.)

Customer: “Happy birthday! I think I saw you in the paper!”

Me: “Oh, I’m sorry, but no, it’s not my birthday. But thanks, anyway, I guess.”

(He stares at me for a second.)

Customer: “Are you sure? I’m pretty sure that was you. Here, I’ll show you.”

(The thing creeping me out the most is how sincere and serious he seems. He pulls out the paper and shows it to me. It’s a forty-year-old mother of four, and it is her birthday.)

Me: *getting very embarrassed and screaming on the inside* “Um, sorry, but that is definitely not me.”

(I’m always very chipper and welcoming at work, so he probably senses my change of mood and posture.)

Customer: “Huh, I was so sure… Two bags, please.”

(The rest of the transaction went quietly and he left. My manager laughed until she cried and now notifies me every time he comes in. I hate him.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!