Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Happiest Place On Earth… As Long As You Stick With Grandma

, , , , | Working | April 27, 2020

(I’m at a theme park with my younger cousins, grandma, and aunt. My aunt has sent my cousins and me to get in line for a ride since my grandma walks slowly. After this ride, my aunt is going to take my cousins back to the pool and says it’s okay for me to stay in the park and meet up with a friend who is also there.

There’s a long line but I can tell we are going to get on the ride before my aunt and grandma get there, but she texts me to just go on the ride. When we get off, my grandma and aunt are waiting near the exit, which is still inside the ride. They have a cast member with them, who explains that since my grandma needs assistance she can always just ask a cast member to go through the disabled line.

As my aunt and grandma get on, my aunt tells me it’s okay to leave my cousins to wait, and the cast member clearly hears this. They are more than old enough to be alone without me.)

Me: “Okay, I’ll see you two later.”

Cast Member: “No, you’re not leaving.”

Me: “What?”

(I think she’s going to say something about my cousins being too young.)

Cast Member: “You know, it’s really not nice to just leave your grandma. She’s paying for you to be here and you need to spend time with her.”

(I stay because I’m incredibly obedient, but tears start to well up because I’m embarrassed and also mad that she is implying I’m not a good granddaughter. My aunt and grandma exit the ride and see me still standing there.)

Aunt: *confused* “Don’t you want to go meet your friend?”

Me: “Thanks, bye.”

(I love that theme park but I don’t know where that attendant got off thinking she knew my relationship with my grandma, or that she could contradict what my aunt had said I could do.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!