Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Halloween Is Going To Be A Stretch This Year

, , , , , | Right | October 31, 2018

(I work at a thrift shop. For our Halloween season, we have our own merchandise for sale; that is, it’s not used or a donation. We have already set up our Halloween section, as it’s the busiest time of year for us. I’m working as a “Costume Consultant,” which means it’s my job to help customers find their perfect costumes. I see a customer looking at some costumes and looking confused.)

Me: “Hello! Did you need any help in Halloween today?”

Customer: “Yes, I was looking at these costumes.”

Me: “No problem! Was there something else you wanted to add to your costume, or did you have a question about the product?”

Customer: “I was wondering if there was a bigger size.”

(I go to look through the costumes for the sizes, when I notice in big block letters along the front it says, “ONE SIZE FITS MOST.”)

Me: “Oh, I’m sorry, ma’am, but there is only one size for this costume. If you’d like, you can take it to the fitting rooms to try on.”

Customer: “Oh, no, I just came from the fitting rooms. It’s too tiring to try it on again. Just find me the biggest one.”

Me: “I’m sorry, ma’am, but these are all the same size. There isn’t a ‘bigger’ one.”

Customer: “I know that you guys have a bigger one! I can’t possibly fit into these ones!”

(The customer is not overweight by any means, and the costumes are fairly stretchy.)

Me: “I’m certain you can wear these ones. I have bigger hips and bust than you do, and I wore this costume last year.”

Customer: “No, we’ll just have to look through all of them.”

(The customer then takes every costume off the rack, and stretches them all out to see which one is “the biggest.”)

Me: “Ma’am, I would appreciate if you didn’t stretch the fabric so tight. It could tear. Now, I can promise you, on my life, that these are all the same.”

Customer: “Well, I guess I’ll go with this one. It’s the biggest.”

(The customer then just walked away. I was left standing there, confused.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!