Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Half-Wit With Half A Receipt

, , , , | Right | CREDIT: mia_Harlton | April 6, 2022

I am working as a cashier at a craft store and a lady comes in to return some fabric. I ask her if she has a receipt, and she pulls out a receipt that is ripped in half. For me to pull up the transaction, I need the bar code on the receipt. Of course, that is not the part of the receipt she kept.

Me: “Ma’am, do you have the other half of the receipt?”

Customer: “No, I rip them so that they fit in my wallet.”

Me: “Okay, well, I don’t see the fabric on this half of the receipt, so did you possibly pay with a card? I can look up the transaction that way.”

Customer: “No, I paid cash. I expect cash back since I have the receipt.”

Me: “Ma’am, it doesn’t show me on the receipt how much you purchased this fabric for. I can’t help you.”

Customer: “No, your policy says if I have a receipt I can return it!”

Me: “You have… half of the receipt.”

Customer: “Well, how else would I get it to fit in here?”

She shows me the little wallet slot she puts them in. I see other torn-up receipts.

Me: “Maybe fold them?”

Customer: “Get me your manager.”

She starts whispering under her breath about how useless I am. Of course, like I’m the one that tore her receipt

My manager has been working for over forty years at this location and seems to get a kick out of dumb customers.

Manager: “Sorry, I can’t return the fabric without a receipt or a credit card to look it up with.”

Customer: “Well… how—”

Manager: “Maybe you should fold them instead of ripping them in half.”

Customer: “Excuse me? But your return policy states—”

Manager: “Yeah, and for that to happen, you need the full receipt. We don’t even know you bought the fabric from here.”

The customer starts opening the folded fabric to try and see if there is our logo or something on the seamed edge, which has ANOTHER fabric store’s name on it.

Manager: “See, that’s why we need the full receipt. This isn’t even our fabric. This is [Store].”

Customer: *Scoffs* “Well, hopefully, they will do a better job at returns than you guys!

Manager: “Not if you only have half the receipt, they won’t.”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!