Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Hair-Brained

, , , , | Right | February 27, 2009

(I work as a receptionist at a place where they cut little kid’s hair. This one lady walks into the store with her child and decides to get her daughter’s hair cut).

Hairstylist: “Okay, before we start, are you sure you want this much off?” *shows length*

Customer: “Yes.”

Hairstylist: “Are you absolutely sure? It’s very very short, you want it ALL off of your daughter?”

Customer: “Yes! Yes! I know what I want, I know what my daughter wants!”

Hairstylist: “Okay, if you’re sure.”

(She proceeds to cut the kid’s hair up to the desired length. The mother then starts wandering out of the store.)

Me: “Excuse me, ma’am, may I suggest you please stay in the store? We want to make sure you see what is happening with your daughter’s cut.”

Customer: “But I have to go shopping. It’ll be fine.”

Me: “Yes, but we aren’t a babysitting service–”

Customer: “I’ll be right back!”

(The customer leaves. The hairstylist finishes the cut and the poor kid is waiting for her mom. She sits in a corner and plays with some toys until her mother comes back.)

Customer: *eyeing the haircut* “What!? It’s too short! Who said I gave you permission to cut it that short!”

Hairstylist: “But ma’am, I asked you three ti–”

Customer: “This is ridiculous! I come in here and I pay all this money and you don’t do it the way I want it!”

Me: “But–”

Customer: “She’s supposed to be at a piano recital today! Now she’s going to be upset and can’t play! I can’t show her to the other parents now! I’m calling the cops!”

Me: “…What?”

Customer: “I SAID I’M CALLING THE COPS, give me your phone!”

Me: “I’m sorry ma’am, I don’t think the police will be interested in this. I can try and get the hairstylist to fix it for you–”

Customer: “I’M GOING!”

(She takes her child and storms out of the store.)

Hairstylist: “I take it she didn’t leave me a tip.”

Me: “She didn’t pay either…”

(I ended up calling mall security, and she sheepishly comes back later after calming down. A few months later, she comes back and wants the same hairstylist again. Go figure!)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!