Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

H2Slow, Part 5

| Right | January 5, 2015

(Over the span of a month there are several university students going through orientation. We have a deal for the orientation groups in which they receive coupons for our theater, one of which is a deal for concessions. They get a popcorn, a drink, and a candy for $7. This is clearly stated on the coupon, and yet many of the students are confused about how it works.)

Customer: “I just want a bottled water.”

Coworker: “All right, that’ll be $2.50.”

Customer: “But I have this coupon and I just want a water.”

Coworker: “Right, so that will be $2.50.”

Customer: “But I got this coupon for free.”

Coworker: “Even if you used the deal on the coupon you would still owe me money, but since you are just getting water it will be $2.50 instead of $7.”

Customer: “But I got this free coupon.”

Coworker: “You still owe me money.”

Customer: “But I just want a bottled water. I don’t want popcorn.”

Coworker: *turning to my manager* “I really don’t think it should be this difficult to understand.”

(The girl still didn’t understand but she paid for her water. Despite this conversation the other students were still confused as well.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!