Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

H2-Woah, Part 7

, , , , | Right | April 27, 2021

I volunteer part-time at the Washington Monument. A nice tourist family comes up to me.

Nice Family: “Where can I get some water?”

Me: “I’m sorry, we don’t sell bottled water here. The closest place is [direction and distance], and last I saw it was like $3 each.”

The mother of another family overhears this and storms straight over.

Mom:What?! There are some kids right over there selling it for $1 each. You should go buy from the kids.”

Me: “I’m sorry, we really don’t recommend buying from non-licensed vendors. I need to report this to the capitol police so that they don’t sell there anymore.”

Mom: “That’s ridiculous! You’re ripping people off! I bet you’re in league with them and getting your pockets lined!”

Me: “Ma’am, let me ask you a question… When you got your bottle of water, did the kids crack open the bottle before they handed it to you?”

Mom: “Yes.”

Me: “That’s because, in a lot of cases, the water bottle was already opened. They just pretend to open it so that you don’t know it was already opened. We see a lot of kids that fish empty water bottles out of the recycling bins and refill them and sell them to tourists. That’s why we recommend you only buy from licensed vendors.”

Mom: “YOU MEAN THAT SOMEONE ELSE DRANK THIS BEFORE ME?! AND I PUT MY MOUTH ON IT?!”

She throws the bottle and barely misses my face.

Mom: “I’M GOING TO SUE ALL OF YOU PEOPLE FOR ALLOWING THIS TO HAPPEN!”

Related:
H2-Woah, Part 6
H2-Woah, Part 5
H2-Woah, Part 4
H2-Woah, Part 3
H2-Woah, Part 2

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!