Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

H2-Slow Service

| Right | October 22, 2016

(It’s 5:45 pm on a Friday. Due to a civic event I happen to be in City Hall when the main phone line rings and I answer on reflex. Connecting services (e.g. water) is a quick and easy process when given even 24 hours’ notice.)

Me: “[Town] City Hall.”

Female Caller: “Yeah, I need a water hook-up.”

Me: “The city can certainly assist with that during normal business hours. That department opens Monday morning at 8:30 am; feel free to give them a call then or you can leave a message now and request a call-back.”

Female Caller: “No. I need a water hook-up.”

Me: “I understand, ma’am, but that department is closed for the evening. They closed at 5:00 pm.”

Female Caller: “I’m moving in tonight and need a water hook-up! Transfer me to the water department.”

Me: “Ma’am. No one’s there; it’s 5:45 on a Friday evening.”

Female Caller: “…”

Me: “I’d be happy to take a message and request they call you Monday morning.”

Female Caller: “Why can’t you do it?”

Me: “Ma’am?”

Female Caller: “Get over there and hook up my water! I need it TONIGHT!”

Me: “That is really not my department, ma’am. As I said, I’m happy to take a message or you can call again Monday morning. Did you wish to leave a message?”

Female Caller: “I don’t know why the h*** I’m moving to your crappy little town, if this is how you treat your residents! Fine. Take my information. And I’m going to stop in at City Hall to see if I can find anyone when I get there!”

(I took her information, hung up, and left immediately. I really didn’t want to be there if she started pounding on the doors demanding her hook-up. That’s the last time I go anywhere near the phones after five pm!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!