Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

H2-On Sale

, , , | Right | September 14, 2018

(An older couple enters the store looking for the bottled water that was on sale this week. I grab one of the ad papers and go over it with them.)

Me: “Looks like our store brand for $2.50, or [Brand] for $3.95 this week.”

Woman: “I don’t know what he wants. It’s for my handicapped son. He can’t come inside. Can I take this paper out to him?”

Me: “Sure.”

(We get a stack of ads, probably 20 times what we go through in a week; she could easily take it home with her and I won’t miss it. She takes the ad out, and I check to make sure the water was in stock, but we are out.)

Me: *to myself* “Well, this’ll be fun.”

(She comes back in to join her husband, and they find the water section, where I am waiting for them.)

Me: “I’m sorry, but if it was the [Brand] water you were looking for, it looks like we’re out.”

Woman: “This is ridiculous. How can you be out?”

Me: “Well… our vendor hasn’t come yet to deliver—”

Woman: “You know, this happens every time we come to one of your stores. I might as well switch to somewhere else. What about the tea that’s on sale? You got that?”

Me: “Yes, we do, right over here.” *points it out*

Woman: “Well, at least you’ve got that.” *continues muttering about being out of water everywhere, while we go to the register* “And I guess it would be impossible for you to call ahead to the other store to see if they have that water before I waste a trip all the way out there, huh?”

Me: “Not at all. Just let me run back and find their number, and I’ll go ahead and give them a call for you.”

(I do that, and check the couple out at the same time. The other store doesn’t have the water in stock, either.)

Me: “I’m sorry, but it sounds like they’re out of [Brand], too.”

Woman: *really angry and annoyed sigh* “I know, it’s not your fault it’s out of stock. I’ll just have to tell my handicapped son you don’t have it. The water’s for him. I don’t drink water. That stuff will kill you.”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!