Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

H2-Oh, Will You Shut Up!

, , , | Right | February 24, 2020

I work as a manager and I get called to the front. I come up front and the cashier points at a customer for me to talk to and quickly turns away. My sense of dread is already increasing.

Me:
“Hi. How can I help you?”

Customer:
“Yes. I’d like to complain about your store not carrying any spring water.”

I start to answer but she stops me and continues.

Customer:
“I went up and down your water aisle for twenty minutes and couldn’t find any!”

I know this can’t be true because I have just been helping restock the water and we had a variety of spring waters.

Me:
“Ma—”

Customer:
“All you have is purified water, which is nothing but chemicals!”

Me:
“Well—”

Customer:
“Your store should be ashamed of itself for giving customers no choice but to buy chemical water.”

I’m actually attempting to talk over her to get her attention but she keeps going.

Customer:
“This is the last time I will shop at your store, and you can let them all know it’s because you refuse to carry any spring water.”

I pause and wait, halfway expecting her to interrupt me again

Customer:
“Well, what are you going to do about this?”

I turned and took a bottle of spring water from the stand we had been standing by the entire time and put it on the register to be scanned. Even if the lady hadn’t listened to me, she just needed to follow my gestures or even just look around to see the big display stand of water we were standing next to the whole time.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!