Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Gunning For That Sale

| Right | October 2, 2014

(I have been working with this customer for a little over an hour and a half. He picks out his rifle, ammo, cleaning kit, scope – the whole nine yards. I am excited because we get commission on what we sell. We finally get to the point where we fill out paperwork, background check, etc.)

Me: “Okay, sir. Now that we have everything ready, if you can, please let me see your ID so we can get the paperwork started?”

Customer: “No, I don’t need to do paperwork.”

Me: *thinking he’s joking, I laugh*

(Awkward silence.)

Customer: “So… are you gonna ring me up?”

Me: “You need to fill out the paperwork so I can perform a background check first.”

Customer: “Look, I’m a police officer. I don’t need to do the paperwork.”

Me: “Uh, yes, you do. Everyone needs to do paperwork for a firearm purchase, even the president.”

Customer: “I don’t give a s*** about the president. Now, are you going to sell me the rifle or not?”

Me: “Are you going to fill out the paperwork?”

Customer: “Nope. *turns and leaves*

Me: *screams internally*

(He came back the next day trying to buy the same rifle but with another employee. I told him the story from the day before. He told the customer to leave. Never saw him again.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!