Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Grounds To Complain

, , , , | Working | February 7, 2023

In our restaurant, we normally serve coffee in cafetières (French presses), where ground coffee and hot water are placed in a beaker and a filter is pressed down to hold the grounds at the bottom.

Today, we have a larger group whose coffee is to be served in large thermos jugs. I come into the kitchen to find my coworker putting ground coffee and water directly into the thermos jugs and mixing them with a table knife.

Me: “Hey, you can’t do it like that. You have to make the coffee in the cafetière first and then pour it into the thermos jugs.”

Coworker: “I think it’s fine like that.”

Me: “No, this is not instant coffee; it doesn’t dissolve. If you just mix it like that, the guests will get grounds floating around in their coffee.”

Coworker: “Well, you can do it, then.” *Walks off*

I made the coffee correctly. This coworker later complained that I was “always telling her what to do”. I believe I had good reason sometimes.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!