Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Grocery Grossly Out Of Order

, , , | Right | May 27, 2021

I’m working in the electronics department. I have a small line of two or three people. As I am ringing out the first customer, I notice a man with a full cart of groceries walking up to the other register behind me. We are only supposed to ring up electronics items in this department, although we can bend this rule for people with just a couple of items if they are polite.

After I have finished helping the first and second customers and started ringing up a third…

Customer: *Angrily* “Hey, aren’t you going to help me?

Me: “I’m sorry, sir, I didn’t see you there. Did you have a question?”

Customer: “I’ve been waiting here for you to ring me up!

Me: “I’m so sorry, but as you can see, I’m ringing up electronics purchases on this side. If you take your groceries up to the main registers, I’m sure someone would be happy to ring you up!

Customer: “F*** you! I’ve been waiting here for ten minutes; you’re gonna ring me up right here!”

Me: “Sir, only this register is open right now, and in any case, I’m not allowed to ring up products that aren’t from electronics.”

Customer: “F*** that! The lines are way too long! You should have been f****** paying attention so you could ring me up here!”

The other customers are getting uncomfortable as I continue to ring them up as if nothing out of the ordinary is happening.

Me: “I’m sorry, sir. As I said, I only have the one till open and I didn’t see you there. And even if I had, I couldn’t ring you out for groceries here, anyway.

Customer: “F*** you, you f****** b****! I’m gonna find a f****** manager and get your a** fired!

At this, he leaves angrily, knocking down a stack of returns on the counter.

Customer At Till: “Does that happen a lot?

Me: “Every day. That will be $67.46, please.”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!