Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Grinders And Parties And Breasts, Oh My!

, , , | Right | September 5, 2018

(I work in a pizza and sandwich shop in a small grocery store chain. I’m reminded every day that the town my store is in has a collective total of about fifteen brain cells. Here are just a few of the gems I hear on a regular basis.)

Customer: “How long is your thirty-inch grinder?”

Me: “It’s thirty inches long, just as the sign says.”

Customer: “But on the bottom of the sign it says, “It’s like getting five six-inch grinders!” That doesn’t add up right.”

Me: “No, five times six is thirty.”

(Another frighteningly frequent one: I am on the phone with the customer:)

Me: “What can I get for you today?”

Customer: “Can I get a large pizza with [toppings]?”

Me: “Sure, no problem. We’ll see you in fifteen minutes.”

(My store only does two sizes of pizza, large, and party size. The large is a standard eighteen-inch round pizza. The party size is a large rectangular pizza that serves about ten people. The customer shows up to get her pizza.)

Customer: “This isn’t what I ordered. This is the wrong size. I wanted a large pizza.”

Me: “This is our large pizza.”

Customer: “No I wanted the big one for parties! You screwed my order up!”

Me: “You mean the party pizza. The pizza for parties.”

(And another that I got in trouble for, for making the joke the first time it happened.  A customer comes up to the sandwich shop register:)

Customer: “I want three drumsticks, please.”

Me: “Sure, no problem. Let me grab them for you.”

(I walk over to the fried chicken case and grab a bag, and notice the customer has followed me over there.)

Customer: *pointing at the drumsticks through the glass* “It’s those ones right there.”

Me: *picks up a breast with my tongs* “You mean it’s not these ones?”

(The customer demanded to see the manager. I got yelled at for being rude, to appease the customer, then got praised for the good joke and told not to do it again.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!