Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Grill The Sandwiches, Not The Staff, Part 2

, , , | Right | November 9, 2020

I am working at the cash register with my supervisor in my school’s small grocery store, with an extra place to get sandwiches. The grocery part opens at six but the sandwich part doesn’t open until ten.

A customer walks in and looks at our sandwich station. My supervisor is setting it up.

Customer: “Hey, could I get a sandwich?”

Supervisor: “Sorry, man, it’s not open until ten.”

Customer: “But you’re right there and the store is open.”

Supervisor: “Sorry, but the sandwich portion isn’t open until ten.”

He looks at his watch and then back to the customer.

Supervisor: “You can come in two hours and I’ll be happy to make you one.”

Customer: “So the Yelp reviews were right. You guys are so rude!”

Me: *Trying to help* “We have the grocery portion if you want something from there.”

Customer: “No, no. It’s fine. I’ll take my business elsewhere. And I’ll leave a bad Yelp review while I’m at it!”

The customer left and my supervisor asked if he’d said anything rude, but I assured him that the customer was the rude one.

Related:
Grill The Sandwiches, Not The Staff

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!