Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Gotta Give Them Credit For Trying, Part 4

, , , , | Right | July 10, 2020

I’m finishing up with a customer as I notice a girl in her late teens walking up to me and my coworker slowly. I know something is up.

Me: “Hi. How are you today? What can we help you with?”

Customer: “Hi. I just got off work to realize I left my debit card at home. You see, I have been using it as a bookmark and I left the book at home. I have the numbers, so can I still use it?”

My coworker is kind of new, so she looks at me for the answer. I can’t believe she asked this.

Me: “I’m sorry, ma’am, but we can’t do that. We need the card present along with the expiry date and the number on the back of the card.”

Customer: *Quickly answers* “Oh, I have that!”

Me: “But I would still need the card present since you are in person and not over the phone.”

Customer: “But I have a picture of it and it has my name and everything!”

I figure out by then she is for sure trying to scam us, because who takes a picture of their card?

Me: “I’m really sorry, ma’am, but without the card here with you, I can’t sell anything to you.”

Customer: *Mumbling* “But we let customers do that at my other job.”

She walked off. I can honestly say I can’t think of one store that would let someone use their debit card when it wasn’t there with them!

Related:
Gotta Give Them Credit For Trying, Part 3
Gotta Give Them Credit For Trying, Part 2
Gotta Give Them Credit For Trying

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!