Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Got To Give Him Credit For Trying

| Right | August 4, 2013

(My husband and I are customers in a fairly long line at the bookstore’s register. A customer ahead of us puts pile of about 10 books on the counter.)

Customer: “I’ll take these.”

(He opens his wallet and pulls out one of those credit card-shaped pieces of tan card stock that has the words ‘CREDIT CARD’ around the edges and comes inside a new wallet to demonstrate where your credit cards would go. Other than the words ‘CREDIT CARD’ around the edges, the card is completely blank. There is no name, card number, card type, etc.)

Customer: “Credit, please.”

(The customer hands the cashier the ‘credit card’.)

Cashier: “Uh…”

Customer: “This is a new card from Citibank. They are switching to paper instead of plastic because it is better for the environment.”

Cashier: “I don’t think—”

Customer: “THIS IS A CARD FROM CITIBANK! I WANT TO SPEAK TO A MANAGER!”

Manager: “How can I help you?”

Customer: “I want to buy these books. Here is my credit card. It is a new card from Citibank; they are switching to paper from plastic to help the environment!”

Manager: *very obviously trying not to laugh* “I… uh… I’m sorry, but only major credit cards are accepted here.”

Customer: “I CAN’T BELIEVE THIS! YOU JUST LOST YOURSELF A SALE! I AM TAKING MY BUSINESS SOMEWHERE ELSE!”

(The customer takes his ‘credit card’ and storms off.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!