Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Got To Give Him Credit For Trying, Part 5

, , | Right | April 20, 2018

(I have called a customer’s bookkeeping department to let them know we will not be loading their employees, currently at our shop, due to their account being overdue.)

Me: “If you’d like to give me a credit card number over the phone, I can get your account paid up and your employees loaded and on their way.”

Bookkeeping: “Oh, no, I won’t be giving you a card over the phone. No one here has one.”

Me: “All right, ma’am, but I will not be loading your employees until your account is paid in full.”

Bookkeeping: “Can I fax you a check?”

Me: *pause* “No, I don’t think that’s going to work.”

Bookkeeping: “Are you sure?”

Me: “Yes, ma’am, I am sure that we will not be taking a faxed check.”

Bookkeeping: “Okay, I’ll call you back.” *hangs up*

(The job site supervisor calls; the guys at our shop have let him know we won’t load them.)

Supervisor: “What’s going on today?”

Me: “Non-payment again, I’m afraid. I’ve already spoken to bookkeeping.”

Supervisor: “Can someone give you a credit card over the phone? My guys need to get to the job.”

Me: “Absolutely, but bookkeeping has already told me that they won’t be doing that, and that no one has a credit card. They offered to fax me a check.”

Supervisor: *pause* “Really? I’ll call you back.”

(They were somehow able to find an employee with a credit card so the guys at my shop could get loaded and leave.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!