Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Gosh, That Does Sound Perfect!

, , , , , | Working | November 1, 2021

I’m leaving my current job, soon to be starting another. I’ve taken down my CV from all the websites, but I still get the odd call from recruiters.

Recruiter: “Hi. I’ve seen your CV online and think I have a job for you.”

Me: “Sorry, I’m no longer looking. I’ve since taken down my CV.”

Recruiter: “Hear me out; this is an urgent vacancy and we’re hiring immediately.”

Me: “Again, I’m sorry, but I’ve already committed to a new role.”

Recruiter: “Have you signed the contract? Because you can still take other jobs.”

Me: “I’m not sure how I feel about doing that.”

Recruiter: “Just hear me out; the job is perfect for you and the money is excellent.”

Me: “I guess it couldn’t hurt.”

He explains the details, and to be fair, it does seem like a job I could do easily. The money isn’t what I would call excellent. But then he mentions something tiny but really specific.

Me: “Wait, you’re not talking about [Company], are you?”

Recruiter: “I can’t divulge that information.”

Me: “It’s just something you said. If you check my CV, you will note that I am actually leaving that position.”

The recruiter hung up. He was trying to get me to interview for the job I had just quit — for less money. Clearly, he didn’t bother to read my CV at all.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!