Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Good Things Come In Small Dosages

, , , , | Right | August 15, 2012

(My coworker at the pharmacy has been working with a customer who seems to be having the worst day. Unfortunately, my coworker is the victim of the customer’s mood, and he has reduced the poor girl to tears. Behind this customer is a young father in his mid-20s and his three sons, aged probably six, two, and less than a year old. The young father is clearly upset with the behavior of the customer in front of him, but, probably for the sake of his children, is keeping his mouth shut. Out of nowhere, his six-year-old son speaks up.)

Six-year-old Son: “‘Scuse me, sir? I think you’ll probably get what you need easier in life if you’re nice to people. You’re making the pretty lady sad and she didn’t do anything wrong.”

Customer: *clearly shocked* “Didn’t your father here teach you to mind your own business, son?!”

(The young father is actually grinning proudly, and reaches over to high-five his son.)

Father: “Actually, I taught him not to raise his voice at good, honest people.”

Customer: *clearly embarrassed, pays and leaves quickly*

Six-year-old Son: *to my coworker* “Can I give you a hug? If anyone gives you trouble, call me!”

(My coworker was very impressed by the brave little boy’s actions, while his father proudly teared up. I doubt the family will ever have to pay at our pharmacy again, and my coworker has a new best friend!)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!