Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Good Thing She Didn’t Tell Him To Take A Hike

| Romantic | November 7, 2012

(I am on vacation with my boyfriend and his family. His father, brother-in-law, he and I have just hiked up the tallest mountain in the Smokies. I have knee problems and the hike was 6 hours straight uphill with a pack on my back, so I am a bit grumpy.)

Boyfriend: “Come on, we’re going to sunset rock and look at the view!”

Me: “Honey, I really don’t want to. I am tired and my knee really hurts.”

Boyfriend: “You can use the walking stick and wrap your knee, and we will help you. Come on, it’s only 0.2 miles away!”

Me: “I really don’t want to move. I’ll stay here and go in the morning.”

Boyfriend’s father: “But it’ll be too foggy in the morning to see anything. Come on, we’ll help you ,I promise!”

Me: “I guess.”

(It has rained the entire way up the mountain, and was still raining. We have to climb over rather large rocks to get to the clearing, so by the time we get there I am even more grumpy. I sit on a rock and refuse to move. The view is absolutely stunning though.)

Boyfriend: “Here.” *hands his camera to his brother in law*

Me: “Why did you…”

(At this moment he gets down on one knee and pulls out a ring box.)

Boyfriend: “Will you make me the happiest man in the world? Will you marry me?”

Me: “Yes!”

(Once I am done crying and he gets the ring on my finger, his father turns around.)

Father: “It’s a good thing you said yes, or that would have been a very awkward hike down.”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!