Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Good Management Has Logged Out

| Working | July 23, 2014

(I’ve just transferred to a supermarket from a convenience-format branch of the same company. Whilst about 80% of the procedures are the same, there are a number of key differences in how I’ve been trained due to the difference in shop-floor and warehouse size across formats. I’m busy stacking shelves when my new manager approaches.)

Manager: “[My Name], do you know how to do waste scans?”

Me: “Yep, but I’ve not done it here yet. Could you give me the store login?”

Manager: “Oh! We have individual logins here.”

Me: “Okay. So, could you set me up with the privileges to do that?”

Manager: “Um, no. I’m a bit busy right now. Tell you what, you do the wastage and then come find me to help you afterward.”

Me: “How am I do to the waste scan without a login?”

Manager: “Erm… Find somebody else and borrow their card. Tell them I sent you.”

(I go and do this, I’ve just finished scanning waste and I’m getting on to reducing the damaged goods that are salvageable when my manager approaches me again.)

Manager: “[My name]! Stop! What are you doing?!”

Me: “Well, I finished the wastage. I’m on reductions now.”

Manager: “How did you log in?!”

Me: “With [Colleague]’s card, like you suggested.”

Manager: “I can’t believe you’d borrow somebody else’s card! That is not allowed!”

Me: *speechless*

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!