Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Good Luck Planting THAT Refund

, , , , , | Right | March 10, 2022

I work customer calls for a retail company that has both physical and online shopping.

One day, I get a call from a lady who explains to me that she ordered a rabbit planter online that is “bad quality,” and she would like us to replace it.

Me: “I can help with that. May I have the order number?”

Customer: “I don’t have that.”

Me: “Okay, no problem. What email was it ordered under?”

Customer: “[Email #1]. You know, this planter was shown outside in photos online. I would have expected it to hold up better!”

Me: “I’m sorry about that! Hmm, I don’t see anything under that email. Is there a different one we can try?”

Customer: “Maybe [email #2]? Honestly, you people are ripping customers off with this shoddy craftsmanship.”

Me: “I’m sorry, I don’t see that one, either. What was the shipping address?”

We go through a few more points, with her ripping on the planter between every comment. I finally find her account, and something on it makes me pause.

Me: “I’ve found your order. I’m sorry, ma’am, but what did you say was wrong with the planter?”

Customer: “The paint is chipping off it! It’s advertised as being for outdoors, but it’s chipped!”

Me: “I see. I’m sorry, ma’am, but it looks like you ordered this planter in 2018; it is three years old at this point.”

Customer: “So, can you send me a replacement?”

Me: “I’m sorry, but our window for returns and replacements is sixty days.”

Customer: “So, are you saying you can’t do anything for me?”

Me: “I’m sorry, but no.”

Customer: “Well, I’ll have you know you’ve just lost a customer!”

And she hung up. To be honest, I don’t think losing a customer whose last order was three years ago is going to be much of a concern.


This story is part of our crazy-online-shoppers roundup!

Read the next crazy-online-shoppers roundup story!

Read the crazy-online-shoppers roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!