Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Good Deeds Are A Family Affair

, | Hopeless | April 29, 2017

I have been having horrible depression and anxiety for the past few weeks. This is to the point where nothing sounded good food wise, until I decided that teppanyaki sounded good and so I travel out to the closest one and decide to treat myself.

There are a number of delays and misinformation that almost makes the meal not happen and then a family comes in to share the meal with me. These things are always fun to watch, especially if you have a chef and a receptive audience that doesn’t mind making jokes. The family is lovely to talk to and they include me in the jokes and conversations without any awkwardness. It really made my night and my mood has lifted considerably by the time the end of the meal comes and the checks are presented.

My biggest shock of the night was when the mother of the group took my check from the waitress and paid for my meal! It was enough to be included in the family and to be encouraged and joked with. Having them pay for a (very expensive in my world) meal was unreal and something like I read on this site, so I had to share.

Family: if you happen to read these stories, thank you again, from the bottom of my heart. Every last moment was amazing and full of laughter and smiles.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!