Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Gonna Browse Their Way Right Into Another Store

, , , , | Working | May 12, 2020

A new furniture store opens up in town, and my boyfriend and I decide to go check it out. We just want to browse and compare prices, not buy anything. Their website has completely different furniture; if it weren’t for that, I would much rather not have to deal with this sales lady on this day. 

Sales Lady: “Hello. Welcome to our store! Is there anything you’re looking for?”

Me: “Oh, no, thank you. We’re just browsing.”

Sales Lady: “Okay, let me know if you have any questions or need any help.”

Me: “Thank you.”

Literally three minutes later…

Sales Lady: “Looking for something specific? We have sets on sale for $800.”

Me: “No, thank you, just browsing.”

Five minutes later, across the store…

Sales Lady: “What’s your income? What’s your spending limit so I can point you in the right direction?”

Me: “We’re just looking right now. We just moved and need to save a little.”

I was irritated. She was trying to make a sale; it was more than obvious. After a few more minutes, she came around again asking what we were looking for. We told her nothing and left. I looked online to see if the company works on commission. They don’t. The lady also has a ton of complaints on Yelp and Google for harassing them too much.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!