Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Going The Wrong Way, You Can Bet The Farm On It

, , | Working | May 30, 2016

(I work on a cattle station. It’s a lot more mentally demanding than physically due to working for and eating with the boss and her family ALL THE TIME. Early on the daughter made the comment that “The boss is always right. Doesn’t matter if they are or not; they are always right.” I am asked to go with the boss lady out to the yards to pick up a vehicle only a few days after some of the tracks had been freshly graded.)

Me: “Sorry, [Boss Lady], you missed the turn off.”

Boss Lady: “No, I didn’t.”

Me: “Yes, you did. The turn off was just back there. [Other Worker] hasn’t done that track yet.”

Boss Lady: *in a real lecturing style tone* “I have lived here for thirty years and been coming down this road every week. I DO NOT need you telling me how to get around my own farm.”

(Around thirty seconds later we came across a gate and she worked out where we were and begrudgingly turned around. If I remember rightly she didn’t speak to me again for a couple of days.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!