Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Going Scone And On And On

| Right | May 20, 2016

(As our cakes are in a glass cabinet, I often have to list the type of cakes. On this day we do have some unusual ones such as cinnamon bun and cappuccino roll but also the usual chocolate and Victoria sponge. At this point I had already listed every cake that we had.)

Customer: *referring to cakes* “They are all a bit weird, aren’t they?”

Me: “Well, we do have Victoria sponge and chocolate sponge, which are fairly common.”

Customer: “But all your cakes are sponge; I don’t like sponge.” *points at biscuits* “What are they?”

Me: “Melting moments. They are a type of biscuit.”

Customer: “I don’t like biscuits.” *points at scones* “Are they cherry?”

Me: “No, they’re cheese.”

Customer: “Oh, I wanted cherry.”

Me: “Well, I’m afraid we don’t have any cherry scones.”

Customer: “I’ll have a cheese scone, then.”

(I reach for a cheese scone thinking I’ll give her the biggest one to appease her.)

Customer: “No, I want that one.” *points to smaller more brown scone* “Are they all cheese scones?”

Me: “Yes.”

Customer: “Why do they look different?”

Me: “They are just different batches.”

(She leaves with her cheese scone to sit down and I think that is the end of it. I am doing the dishwasher when a coworker comes through.)

Coworker: “There’s a customer through there who wants to know if her cheese scone was made today. She says it’s bland.”

Me: “Tell her yes, they always are.”

(A while later I am tidying the front when the customer leaves, she comes over to the counter.)

Customer: “What’s the difference between the batches of scones?”

Me: “They were put in the oven at different times.”

Customer: “It was just a bit bland.” *hovers expectantly*

Me: “Oh, dear, thank you.” *walks off*

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!