Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Going Out In A Last Days Of Glory

, , , , | Working | January 7, 2020

(It is my last day; I have resigned due to many issues, which include my manager’s inability to come into work on time to relieve me. I am not a manager but I usually work the opening shift while she works the closing shift. Today is no exception; I watch the minutes tick away waiting to see how late she will be. Twenty minutes after my shift is supposed to end, I see her run through the door and disappear into an aisle like she always does. Usually, she will head straight for the office, and then pretend that she was actually early and that she didn’t realise what time it was because she was so busy. I am not supposed to leave the register unattended, but for some reason, this time I don’t care, so I race to the office, getting to the door right behind her.)

Me: “Hello, [Manager].”

Manager: *jumps because I startled her* “Oh, um… Hi, [My Name]… Uh, I’m sorry I am late but I stopped to get you a goodbye coffee.” *hands me an almost stone-cold coffee* “Uh, is there any way I might be able to talk you into staying on with us?”

Me: “Uh…” *looks at the coffee* “Nope, I don’t think so.”

(I signed my keys in and left.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!