Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Going For A Different (A)Tone

| Working | April 12, 2017

(I work for a Jewish agency and as such have all the major (and some not-so-major) Jewish holidays off. I am of Jewish heritage but I’m fully lapsed and don’t practice, but all the time off is nice! On one of these holidays I go to my hairstylist. He’s very good but he tried a new color on my hair the week before that did not work out. He’s fixing it as we have this conversation.)

Stylist: “I’m sorry about this.”

Me: “That’s okay. No harm done.”

Stylist: “And I’m sorry you had to come in on a Wednesday! I hope you didn’t have to work late tonight or take time off for this.”

Me: “Oh, no. I have the day off. It’s a holiday.”

Stylist: “Holiday?”

Me: “Yeah, a Jewish holiday. I work for [Jewish Agency]. It’s Yom Kippur.”

Stylist: “Oh, okay. Sorry, I can’t remember what that one is. Is it, like, Jewish New Year or something?”

Me: “No, that’s Rosh Hashana. That was last week. Yom Kippur is the day of atonement. I’m supposed to be atoning for my sins of the last year. But I’m here instead. Oh, well!”

Stylist: “I guess instead you’re atoning for my sins! The sin of choosing the wrong color for your hair!”

(It looked great when he was done!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!