Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Going Backwards On That Statement

, | Learning | March 18, 2017

I attended a highly-rated automotive vocational program — it has one of the highest placement rates on campus, even at a community college with better numbers than average. There are two tracks, part-time night classes and full-time day classes, and there are generally about three applicants for every spot available in the full-time track with previous educational and/or work experience required for admission. One of the teachers, as many teachers do, would tell students on the first day that they if they had any questions they should ask because ‘There’s no such thing as a stupid question.’

By the time I took his class, he changed to telling people he USED to say that, until someone proved him wrong. On his first day teaching one of the full-time program classes, when he said it a student’s hand shot up, and he called on them. The student asked ‘Why is it when you watch a video of a car driving down the freeway, the car is moving forward but the wheels are turning BACKWARD?’

The teacher is now forced to admit that there is, in fact, such thing as a stupid question.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!