Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Going All Godzilla On You

| Right | February 1, 2014

(Two Caucasian customers, wearing sweatshirts from a local university, walk in to our Chinese restaurant.)

Me: “Welcome to [Name] Chinese restaurant. What can I get for you?”

Customer #1: “I’m here to pick up an order for [Name].”

Me: “I’m sorry, but you asked for delivery when you placed the order. The food left for [address] 15 minutes ago.”

Customer #1: “Ouch. Can you have the driver come back?”

Me: “The driver has two other deliveries, so it will be another half an hour.”

Customer #1: “I don’t want to wait that long. Tell the driver to give it to one of the homeless people near [University].”

(At this point, Customer #2, who has been silent the whole time, starts screaming.)

Customer #2: *to Customer #1* “Yo, man. I want my food. Make this a**-hole give me some food!” *to me* “Jap b****, give me my godd*** food. Didn’t the A-bomb teach you b******s some respect?”

(Customer #2 then makes a number of additional ethnic slurs against the Japanese.)

Bystander: “Hi, there. I’m sorry to interrupt your tantrum, but I’ve had enough of it and I’d like for you to leave.”

Customer #1: “I’m sorry. I have no idea what’s gotten into him.”

Customer #2: “I’m not leaving without my food. You can’t make me leave. You’re not the manager!”

Bystander: “You’re right. I can’t make you leave the restaurant. I can, however, make you leave [University], being that I’m the provost.”

(Customer #2 goes pale and bolts out of the restaurant!)


This story was included in our Chinese Restaurant Roundup.

Click here to read the next story!

Click here to go to the roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!