Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Glossing Over The Details

| Right | May 20, 2016

(I work at a large chain retail store, and my location happens to have a small photo kiosk in it. I notice a customer who seems to be having some difficulty with his prints.)

Me: “Excuse me, sir, can I help you with anything?”

Customer: “I just can’t seem to figure out how to get the pictures to print on matte paper… I can’t find the option to change it from glossy.”

Me: “Oh, I’m sorry. We actually only carry glossy paper.”

Customer: “Yeah, but I need it on matte. How do I get it to print matte?”

Me: “We can’t. We don’t carry matte; our only option is glossy.”

Customer: “But I’m a professional photographer, and my customers requested matte paper. I can’t give them glossy. It just looks unprofessional. So, how can I fix this?”

Me: “I can try to look up other printers in the area for you, but unfortunately we won’t be able to do that for you. We only have glossy paper.”

Customer: “Well, fine! In that case, I’ll take my business elsewhere.”

(He picks up his prints and starts towards the door.)

Me: “Sir, you haven’t paid for those yet.”

Customer: “But they didn’t come out right. I’m not paying for them.”

Me: “If you take them, I have to charge you for them. Otherwise, we can dispose of them.”

Customer: “No! I’m a professional photographer, I can’t risk someone stealing them out of your trash and using them for their own profit!”

Me: “We can shred them for you.”

Customer: “But if you’re just going to throw them away anyway. Why can’t I just take them?”

(I finally convince the customer he has to pay for the prints before he can take them, and he leaves, still grumbling about how they’re defective because they’re not on matte paper.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!