Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Giving Them The “OK” To Learn From Their Own Mistakes

, , , | Right | December 18, 2018

(I am wrapping up a call; just a couple more steps on a password reset:)

Me: “Okay, now you should see a code on your phone. You’ll need to enter that on your computer to sign in.”

Customer: “I don’t see anywhere to sign in. Where do I type it?”

Me: “You mentioned seeing a place to type a password. Instead of typing your password, just type the code instead.”

Customer: “But I already typed my password in it. There’s an ‘OK’ button on the phone. Should I press it?”

Me: “Is it on the same pop-up that the code is located?”

Customer: “Yes.”

Me: “Okay, that will make the code go away. I’ll need you to press ‘Try Again’ on your computer…”

Customer: “But it says ‘OK.’ I could just press that on my phone; maybe that’ll make it work?”

Me: “No, ma’am, that will actually make the code go away.”

Customer: “But wouldn’t it make the computer ask for the code again so I can type it in? I think that’s what I’m supposed to do.”

Me: “Well… you know what? Press the ‘OK’ button on your phone.”

Customer: “I did…”

Me: “And the code disappeared, right?”

Customer: “Yes.”

Me: “Okay, let’s start the process over again.”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!