Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Giving You A Latte Problems

, , | Right | June 9, 2017

(It is my first day of work. I worked for this particular coffee store once before, quit, and have come back. While it has been a long time since I worked there I still remember how to make drinks. An order is placed for an iced latte and I make it then hand it out to the customer.)

Me: “There you are! Have a great day!”

Customer: “That’s wrong.”

Me: “I’m sorry?”

Customer: “You made it wrong. There’s too much milk.”

Me: “Well, an iced latte is one shot of espresso and the rest is filled with milk and any flavoring.”

Customer: “No, it’s not.”

Me: “I can remake it for you if you’d like.”

Customer: “Obviously.”

(I begin remaking the drink with my shift leader watching me in case I did indeed mess up. The customer leans over the counter and begins watching me as well. I ask the customer if they want more espresso and they say no so I decide to add more ice so there’s less milk and the drink is still full.)

Customer: “That’s too much ice!”

Me: “Did you want less ice?”

Customer: “Yes and that’s still too much milk!”

Me: “Then the drink won’t be full, sir.”

Customer: “Ugh! Well maybe if you made it right!”

(I finally give up and have my shift leader makes it the exact same way I did the first time and hands it to the customer.)

Shift Leader: “How is that?”

Customer: “Finally! It’s made right!”

(The customer then left and stood in the parking lot, drinking their drink. It was beyond frustrating!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!